COVID-19: UPDATE FROM CSC SUGAR and SUGARIGHT
Coronavirus Action Plan Statement
Like so many of you, we have spent the last several days and weeks learning about the coronavirus (COVID19) and how it is impacting our world.
For CSC Sugar and Sugaright, that means understanding how it affects our employees, customers and communities, and then making the necessary adjustments to our work and operations.
With that in mind, we have made several moves in our business in response to the threat of the COVID-19.
We have two simple objectives that guides us:
1. Keeping our Employees Safe.
2. Keeping our Customers Supplied.
Specifically, we are doing the following:
1. Keeping our Employees Safe:
• Our refinery leadership is being extra vigilant towards addressing employee health and absences.
• We are restricting employee travel to only the most urgent of needs.
• We are reinforcing our normally robust sanitation and hand-washing policy that is posted through-out our production facilities.
• In an effort to support social distancing, we are minimizing group meets to the extent possible.
• We are adding sanitizer stations to all plant entrances. The CDC has recommended frequent hand washing as the most effective means to minimize transmission.
• We are limiting visitors to the plants to only those necessary to continue normal operations, key maintenance and capital project work.
• All employees that are not essential to plant operations are being encouraged to work remotely.
2. Keeping our Customers Supplied:
• We have verified that our most vital ingredients to our process (sugar, carbon, DE) are not risks.
• We will be adding contingency employees in each one of our locations.
• We are working with our transportation partners to monitor their plans for any changes and support them in any way possible.
• The power of our entire refinery network will be brought to bring the maximum capacity possible.
• If our customers become impacted, and orders accelerate or decelerate, we will address this in the best way possible, with incumbent customers receiving priority.
It is important to note that FDA’s official statement on COVID-19 is as follows:
We are not aware of any reports at this time of human illnesses that suggest COVID-19 can be transmitted by food or food packaging.
We are closely following the Centers for Disease Control's (CDC) guidelines and recommendations on the steps we can take to help prevent the spread of the virus.
As the COVID-19 situation changes, we will make changes to our plan accordingly and communicate them with you.
Most importantly, we will be personally diligent, practice social distancing, and take special care of the most vulnerable people around us.
If you have any questions, or need additional clarification, please feel free to contact us.